4/17/2014

Swoon Thursday (134): So Into You


It's that time again! We created a HOT meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the steamy button above and share it on your blog. We want to know! 

This week, we have four new swoons for you, and I happen to LOVE them all. What I love especially is that they represent different genres. Swoons come in all books, all categories, all genres, and I love seeing that variety.

I loved compiling these selections.

So, sit back and enjoy the moments we've selected that make our hearts skip a beat, and then remember to share YOUR favorite moments in the comments! 



Happy Thursday, y'all!


RACHEL:  This week, I read the INTO THE DEEP series by Samantha Young. I finished book two, OUT OF THE SHALLOWS, last night, and have all feels...but for today's swoon, I'm going back to the beginning and this moment from my man Jake: 


"You've knocked me on my ass, Charley. I think it might have something to do with the fact that you make me laugh a lot and you're really smart. And really hot. Really, really hot," he murmured against my mouth. "All I know is that probably deserve better than me, but I'm too selfish to let you. I'm into you, and I want you to be so into me, you don't even care that I'm not good enough for you."

ASHLEY: Swooning over Cassie Mae's How to Seduce a Band Geek:
His head dips, and I go to pull back thinking he wants out of my embrace, but he grasps my elbow and his lips drag across the skin on my arm. My breathing goes ragged, making his head go up and down against my chest with every intake of breath. His nose grazes the crook of my elbow, and he turns so it trails up my arm. He lightly kisses my shoulder before lifting his face to be level with my own. I feel like I’m panting at him, but I don’t care anymore if I look unattractive. All I see are his blue eyes, searching mine and asking so many questions I’m not sure how to answer.

JESSICA: Swooning over A TALE OF TWO CENTURIES by Rachel Harris <-- look, that's me!!
Awareness fills the thin sheen of air between us. I lick my lips without thinking, and he lowers his eyes to watch the flick of my tongue. I have never in my life been wanton, but the feminine empowerment I feel as he exhales a shaky breath makes me want to do it again. So I do. Slowly this time, gliding my tongue over my bottom lip. 
A low growl is my only warning before Austin's hands thrust into my hair. "I warned you about playing with fire."
Breathlessly, I say, "And I told you I'm tired of being careful."
He nods once...and then his mouth crashes onto mine.

Rachel Note: Jess asked me to include a note she sent me, and since I giggled like a goose reading it, I couldn't say no (*wink*)

Jessica Note: Rachel, I EFFING LOVE THIS BOOK. I am not kidding when I say that I was sad when it was over. I seriously said "AWWW." Out loud. Because I loooved iiiiiiit. 

Rachel Note: *twirl of giddiness*


NEREYDA: Swooning over A Beautiful Distraction by Kelsie Leverich
"Not so bad, right?  I've been told I'm a great cuddler."
"I wouldn't know-you were too busy stealing my covers."
Parting his mouth, he laughed once, a low, arrogant chuckle.  Then he hooked his arms around her waist and pulled her naked body to his.
"How about now-good?"
The feeling of his arms around her deserved a  more adequate word than 'good.'


And now for some delicious repeats...


KELLY: Swooning over Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski
They were kissing, their lips opening and closing, so soft, so sweet, so gentle. It was all she had expected and nothing she had expected wrapped together in one feeling. It was everything.

HEATHER: Swooning over The  Accidental Movie Star by Emily Evans
Ashley put some of the oil on her palms and rubbed them together to warm the liquid. She laid her hands against his abdomen. His eyes flew open. Her fingers stilled. They tingled where they met his skin, and Ashley met his gaze, feeling her face heat. Her mouth opened then shut again. All of a sudden, this felt intimate. She no longer heard the music or the technicians. It was only her cocooned in this small area with Caz, caught in his gaze.

SO NOW IT'S YOUR TURN! On your blog (and be sure to leave us a link), and/or on Twitter... SWOON us!

And PS! Make sure to tweet with the #YABound hashtag so we can RT you!

6 comments:

  1. Awww. Love your swoons girls!! I must admit, I have A Tale of Two Centuries.... and haven't read it, yet! *Hangs Head* I know, shame on me!!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! And ATOTC! I've been dying for a reread!!! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://www.lovinloslibros.blogspot.com/2014/04/swoon-thursday-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rachel...I will read ATOTC. I must.

    Mine involves Brody from Make it a Double. Hehe

    My Swoon


    Valerie @ StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gahh I adored Into The Deop! Awesome swoons as usual!

    http://www.readerslive1000lives.com/2014/04/swoon-thursday-sweet-reckoning-by-wendy.html

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG How to Seduce a Band Geek - love that title and swoon :D

    My swoon doesn't quite go with the title of the post, but eh! :)

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read Into the Deep soon!
    http://www.autumnreview.com/2014/04/swoon-thursday-417-exclusive-teaser.html

    ReplyDelete